Labels

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Courtney Tries to Make a Holiday Wreath

I love the holiday season but didn't really like any of the wreaths I saw at the store so I thought I would make one myself. 
I bought all my ornaments at Big Lots & Old Time Pottery. They were both having great sales so I didn't have to feel bad about ruining these. Truthfully, I wish I had purchased one more of the tubes of ornaments  and a second color in the mini ornaments but I made it work!

I actually ended up using a wreath hanger and put the ribbon over top of it. If you do this, make sure you put it on the wreath before you hot glue the ornaments in that area, otherwise you'll have trouble getting it on after they are glued in place.

The final product! I'm pleased with how it turned out :)

Don't be afraid to use other Christmas embellishments. My favorite parts are those little additions:  poinsettia, leaves/pine branches with drum & present and little birdie. 

2 comments:

  1. It turned out so good!! LOVE IT. I like the flower you put in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job...it's beautiful !

    ReplyDelete