Labels

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Courtney tries to make frosted vases

I haven't posted in awhile not because I haven't been trying things but because I've been trying and FAILING! I've been trying to do image transfers with mod podge and it just hasn't been working out as easily as these tutorial say it will so if anyone has helpful suggestions please let me know! But here is a project that I was able to successfully complete:
I saw this on Pinterest and loved the concept of creating my own frosted vases. I wanted to use them for candles and I have to say, they look great! 

Check out the original posters' website, she shows a variety of ways to use the vases. I believe she used more of a white spray and twine for hers. DIY Vases Her site contains 52 projects that I may be referring to for more craft ideas :)


Sorry some of the pictures are so dark, my flash wasn't on and I didn't know until it was too late. I bought my glass vases at Wal-Mart for less than $2 each (can't remember the exact price), Krylon Frosted Spray Paint $5.99 at Hobby Lobby (it was on sale when I went), votive holders .99 at JoAnn Fabrics, Yankee Candles in Kitchen Spice $1.99 each at Cracker Barrel. I thought the votive holders would help keep the wax from getting in the bottom of the vases but these were so snug on the candle that it happened anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment