Labels

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Courtney tries to make wall art.

Everyone who knows me knows that while I may be creative or pretty decent at mimicking art work, I am NOT an artist. Probably the furthest thing from one but I took a Right brain/Left brain test the other day and well now I understand why :) Nonetheless, I've realized how sparsely decorated my apt is with the exception of my living room and can't bring myself to buy anything because it's so dang expensive. I've seen a couple projects on pinterest (of course!) and decided that I would try to make my own. Here's what I created for my bedroom:
Step 1: Find an image you like. The pinterest that I saw used this pattern so I went to the website and I got it. It can be found here.
Step 2: Place parchment paper over top of the image. Trace the image with glue.
Step 3: Let the image dry and you will be left with clear outlines of the original image.
Step 4 (this isn't really shown in the image above): Peel off the image from the parchment paper. I recommend doing this one piece at a time and placing it on your canvas by looking at the original image. Once they are arranged how you want them use mod podge to adhere them to the canvas.
Step 5: Paint the entire canvas one color.
Step 6: Ta Da!

I have plans to make a second one but even though it was a simple project it was quite tedious.

No comments:

Post a Comment