Labels

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Courtney tries to make wall art part 2.

I was inspired by this design which they were inspired by a World Market image. The pinterest that I originally found said they used paint chips but actually for this she hand painted the circles. However, since I didn't visit the site and read all the info before I started I had already picked out paint chips to use and decided I didn't trust my unsteady hand to make images that were remotely circularly quite the way my scrapbook circle cutter would :) 
 1. Assemble your supplies: Paint chips (free at your local hardware stores!), circle cutters, cutting mat, canvas, mod podge, paint, paintbrushes
2. I used Creative Memories circle cutting set. The smallest two inner circles and alternated what sizes I cut from each of my paint chips. 
3. Ta Da! Circles galore!
4. I used black acrylic paint and a thin slanted brush (it came in a Crayola 5 brush set) to make my branches
5. Place your circles where you want them & adhere with mod podge. Paint a thin layer of podge over top of the whole canvas (emphasis on THIN!).  Place a piece of parchment paper over top and the put thick books on top. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes. This will help keep the paint chips from peeling up. 
My smaller, two-piece version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment